Sent to McDonald's Head Office, 4th August 2010:
Dear McDonald's Sundaes... oh how I missed you while I was pregnant! Even though I didn't believe all that hype about you being made of pig fat, I still played by the rules when the experts said to stay away from you. So I waited 9 long months. I made it the whole way through summer without you. Then, come early March when my baby was born, I got you back. Nom nom nom. So, imagine my absolute astonishment when I found out my local Maccas' sundae machine seems to be permanently broken. I'm not sure how much "food" related business comes their way, but surely scrumptious desserts such as yourself make up the bulk of their business. For the 3rd time this week, I have driven up to drivethru and found out the machine is broken. On one trip where I did eventually succeed in getting you, it took almost 15 minutes to get you in my car. "Sit in the waiting bay" she said. "I'll bring it straight out" she said. Then, after she unceremoniously handed my order through the window, I realised you were wrong. Where were your M&Ms? Why were you the wrong size? I was forced to get out of the car and walk back to the drivethru window because by some stupid redesign there is no access back into the restaurant from the drivethru side. I sat back in the car to wait again. Then realised she didn't give me any straws either. How hard is it... really? What is a McDonald's without a sundae ready to be consumed within minutes of the craving hitting? It is really an indictment on the McDonald's brand. Not actually exaggerating here. GP Maccas has a reputation for being one of the worst in the area... wait, Australia... wait, the world. I have travelled near and far and have never seen so many CONSTANT mistakes and such a perpetually broken sundae machine. I've been quiet for too long. I need to speak up. The place is a disgrace. I've had one failed sundae mission too many. I'm not going back. There, I said it. Don't bother offering me a voucher for a free sundae unless it is for another McDonald's. Chances are, I'd never get to redeem it at Glenmore Park anyway. Shame shame shame.
Ever had a tiny gripe that you just never had the guts to speak up about? Well I got sick of biting my tongue and decided instead to bite the bullet and start letting companies know what irks me; no matter how big or small the issue. The point is not to make anyone feel bad or to cost someone their job. It is not even about getting free stuff. The point, my friends, is to let the people in charge know how they can improve their products and services (and maybe get a laugh in the mean time).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment