So I never received a reply to my complaint about the sundae, but the following things have happened since I sent it:
1. A few people I know have started a "Refuse the waiting bay" campaign, basically choosing not to move their cars if asked to wait. The Maccas workers are usually a bit gobsmacked, but do tend to hurry up a bit
2. Despite my threats, I've been back to the local Maccas. The sundae quality has improved significantly. They now look a lot more like the pictures
3. At the drive-thru window there is now a computer screen that shows you how long you have been waiting. Judging by the makeshift nature of this, I can only assume it is in reaction to my complaint. Since the clock has been there, service times have really reduced
I am still a little peeved that they didn't reply to me though....
Ever had a tiny gripe that you just never had the guts to speak up about? Well I got sick of biting my tongue and decided instead to bite the bullet and start letting companies know what irks me; no matter how big or small the issue. The point is not to make anyone feel bad or to cost someone their job. It is not even about getting free stuff. The point, my friends, is to let the people in charge know how they can improve their products and services (and maybe get a laugh in the mean time).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have you seen they now have a 3 minute waiting period and if you wait any longer you get a free Big Mac or something on your next visit.
ReplyDeleteI went to try this out but as fate would have it NO ONE was there. So was in and out in a minute. Grrr normally this particular maccas takes 20 minutes minimum.