Friday, November 6, 2009

MAGGI Super Noodles Beef 68g - letter to Nestle

This is the letter I sent to Nestle on 27/10/09, on behalf of a friend:

Hello. With my parents away this week I was responsible for my own grocery shopping.

Maggi cup noodles - a single man's dream. Delicious, not necessarily all that nutritious, but at least 98% fat free, which is important so I can keep looking buff to impress the ladies.

Might I also add that the 3 minute cooking time is spot on, and I applaud you for that.

Today I had some for lunch. It would have been a perfect meal, except for the inadequate utensil that you dare call a "fork".

To be honest, if you can only afford to include inferior cutlery, I'd prefer you didn't include it at all.

You see, I'm so environmentally conscious that I feel the fork must be used if provided, rather than contribute to landfill with virgin plastic whilst wasting precious resources washing up a stainless steel replacement.

So I soldiered on, splashing myself with hot beefy broth - surely this is a public liability concern. And as for trying to impress my friends, who were all eating sushi and escargots, what a failure! It is very difficult to look sophisticated when you are knuckle-deep in noodles and appear to be lacking basic motor skills.

I would gladly pay an additional 5c to get a fork that doesn't require assembly instructions.

Perhaps the next time you review your packaging requirements, you can take my suggestions on board. In the mean time, if you want to provide me with any free samples, I can promise that I will provide honest and timely feedback. Kind regards, Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment