Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Letter to Proactiv: 21/09/10

Dear Proactiv,

I thought my days of pimply skin were over. Then out of nowhere, the bumps came back with a vengeance. So, on Thursday 2nd September 2010, influenced by the very convincing testimonial of Katy Perry, I invested in Proactiv.

When I opened the packet it was like a ray of light shone out... this would be a new beginning for my skin. Soon I would be able to face the day without make up being caked on so thick I looked like a cross between a circus clown and a middle-aged actress on The Bold & The Beautiful.

I started my new skin care regime immediately, as prescribed in the very clear instructions provided by Proactiv. Cleanse, tone, moisturise. Twice a day.

Now it's nearly 3 weeks in. The light that originally radiated from my bottles of Proactiv has begun to fade. I have realised that PROACTIV DOES NOT WORK.

Katy Perry lied to me. She lied! She lied! She lied when I was most vulnerable (at 2am while eating icecream and drinking vodka in front of the TV). My skin is now dry, but bumpier. It now resembles the top of an apple crumble. I'm sure my boyfriend finds it delicious... NOT. I want my money back, as well as a personal apology from Ms Katy Perry herself.

I hope you have a marvellous day. I, meanwhile, will skulk around in the shadows until my skin clears up of its own accord.

1 comment:

  1. I've never used it. Got turned off it when someone told me there was bleach in it. I thought hmm thats probably not good.

    But those late night adds can become amazingly persuasive even when you know its crap!

    ReplyDelete